Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Nursery...

is complete! I finished it Friday and it feels great to have that done and even some clothes and blankets washed and ready to go.

I knew I wanted some orange and then I decided I wanted navy and orange both to be the primary colors. I also wanted a nautical theme but decided to try not to go overboard- no pun intended. I really wanted a large map in there but I couldn't quite get what I wanted, though I ended up incorporating some maps in the letters above Porter's crib. I just modge-podged parts of NC, SC and NY that Randy and I were either from, lived or visited. Anyway, I had had the anchors for years and never thought I would have a boy but now that we know, they were great for the room. A friend gave us the dresser/changing table and I just painted the knobs. We had most everything but the bedding which I got from Target.com, the rug which my mother in law picked up for us and the little sporty table my mom picked up for us at Goodwill. I got the curtains as a gift as well. I got a couple of the frames and hangings at Goodwill for a dollar or two and then got the two pieces of wallart from Target on super clearance just the other day.



And last but not least, here is my view at 35 weeks. (And all I felt like doing after Bella's party!)

1 comment: