Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Bella's 5th Birthday Party

I cannot believe she is five already. I remember just the other day blogging during pregnancy and waiting on her to join us. She truly amazes me everyday with her sweet heart and curiosity. We had 18 kids at our house for the party! One of the things we really looked forward to moving into our new house was having room to have parties, plus we really wanted to have a yard to work in and play in and have space for the kids to enjoy the outdoors. This was the perfect time of year to have an outdoor party and lets be honest, I am not going to invite 18 kiddos INto my house :) Anyway, she wanted a My Little Pony party and I wanted simple so I just served cupcakes and drinks and decided on a few themed games to have for them. The first we called "The Rainbow Dash" and each child got to choose a stick pony I made from a pool noodle and "dash" or race the others and jump hurdles. The other two were a bean bag toss and "Apple Jack's Apple Bobbing." I think they enjoyed it. After the party got going we had a special surprise planned for Bella. Randy and I kept it to ourselves until she drove up- the pony lady! She brought three- one was just back up, one was for petting and brushing and the other was for riding. All the kids got to ride and then Bella got an additional "trail" ride around the neighborhood at the end. After that we did cupcakes and I had her do presents after everyone left for the sake of time and craziness. She got a lot of crafty things to do, books, princess stuff, shoes, money, clothes, movies, an alarm clock, a child-size wheel barrel- you name it. She is one happy girl and really pacing herself, surprisingly, at opening the packages. She spent all of last night with one specific toy and today on a color by number book. It was a success.



Tomorrow is her real birthday and I think we will spend some time at a park, getting ice cream, plus her and I are going to pedis and possibly go to the movies together. She is a fun little girl to be with and always so thankful for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment