Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Ava Update

Now that we have had a few days to process, it is time to share what is going on with baby Ava.

Last Friday morning I woke up on my own after an incredible night's sleep. Ava, unlike most days, did not wake me up with her hyperactivity. I started getting dressed and brushing my teeth- I was on the way to pick up Bella from Nana & Grandma's. After doing everything I needed to do, I still had not felt her. I decided to wait until I felt better to leave the house. I ate breakfast and had some coffee- after eating is when kick counts are done so I continued to wait. I ran up the stairs and tried jiggling her around, but still nothing. After more than an hour, I called my mom and then the doctor. The nurse asked me to come in right away. I updated Randy and he headed home. By the time I got to the office, it had been right at two hours with no sign of Ava. They hooked me up to the monitor and we could hear her heartbeat! phew. The nurse was like an angel- Amy was her name. She started talking to Ava and almost immediately she gave her a little kick! It didn't take long and baby girl was back to being her bouncy self.

I saw the midwife next and we talked about some of the reasons Ava could have been still for so long including the contractions I have been having at night. She decided to check my cervix and found that I was dilated 2 cm. She confirmed that something was going on and that babies born at 35 weeks do fine and usually get to go home with mom, but with that said, she suggested rest and liquids to try to keep her in another week. Since that morning, I have been doing just that. Randy has been amazing and Bella is trying to understand. I am trying to keep from cleaning and I am definitely spending more time laying down. We are prepared as possible with bags packed, plans in place and the nursery finished.

As usual, we will keep everyone updated but as for now, we are laying low and saying prayers for a healthy baby above all else.

1 comment:

  1. Any sign of baby girl? It's been a week since the last next and you were in my dream last night and I was with you when you had her, she literally just plopped out and you caught her. She looked like a "Bouncing Baby" doll. My favorite as a child. Love you!

    ReplyDelete