Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Friday, January 27, 2012

38 weeks and brunch.

I made it to 38 weeks and I really didn't think I would after the appointment back at 34. Since I have been full term, I have NOT been taking it easy :) I am walking, doing yoga and picking up Bella every chance I get. I had Bella at about 38 and a half weeks so that was what I originally expected before. Either way, my doctor wants to discuss induction this Wednesday if I am still pregnant. It would simply be a matter of breaking my water not the whole deal with pitocin and all. This idea is based on the fact that I had a c-section the first time and it could be safer this way. With that said, he said he would be surprised if I did not go into labor on my own before then because of all of the progression. Part of me wishes we would have just let her come a few weeks ago when she was trying! but the bigger, mommy part of me is thankful that we didn't have to deal with preemie issues. She is safe and healthy and the extra few weeks has given me some time to appreciate Bella and having her to myself.

Tomorrow my dear friend is having a brunch to honor me and Ava. I am really looking forward to seeing my friends and hanging out with them before I am home-bound for a few weeks with a newborn. In addition to the brunch, we actually have a few things we are looking forward to early next week so it will be interesting to see what happens- will she wait or will she come??

No comments:

Post a Comment