Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Bella's International Festival

Today Bella's school had their International Festival. She is in the Spanish Immersion program, also called SPLASH. I thought I had talked about this in a previous post but I cannot find a post where I did so... Basically a few schools in our county offer a Spanish Immersion program for Kindergarteners. You have to start your Kindergarten year and you stay in it throughout your school career. We learned about this last year shortly after we decided we would not be able to pull off sending B to Covenant Day. It cushioned our hearts a bit. It has been wonderful. The class is solely in Spanish and the only English they get is in their specials. She reads in Spanish and her homework is in Spanish (even though I know some Spanish, this is the biggest challenge for us). Anyway, her teachers are both from Colombia and the students learned and performed Colombian dances for the festival today. They were precious! Half of the class did the Cumbia and the other half did the Salsa. Bella was in the Cumbia group and they wore authentic dresses made by a former parent (also from Colombia). Ah! I teared up and I was so incredibly proud. They performed for the K-2 classes in the morning and the 3-5 classes in the afternoon and she was not a bit shy! So confident it blows my mind! Check out the pictures first and then move on to the videos...



Click here to see the Cumbia Dance!


See her friends doing the Salsa.

They also had the Kindergarten hall decorated like the Amazon Rain Forest which was just amazing. Check that out here and here!

When Bella got home she told us several of the "big kids" they performed for gave her a high five and a couple asked for an "oldagraph"! I said, "Oh really?!" And she said, "Yeah but I didn't say anything... I don't know what an oldagraph is!!" Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment