Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

and we are here now.

It blows my mind. As I wave bye to my tiny little girl on a huge yellow school bus every morning, I think, 'What am I doing?! I should have kept her home one more year. I should have homeschooled. She is too little to be riding the bus. She needs a car seat.What if someone is mean to her? I hope she is happy.' (The list goes on.) Her book bag is as big as she is and she wears it with pride. I am envious of the way she carries herself. She walks with her chest out like she owns the world. It isn't arrogant. It is innocent and confident. She made Randy and I parents, she made my parents grandparents and she made my Grandma a great grandmother. She turned six this past week and I am still in disbelief. I have to entrust her to the Father that cares for her more than we ever could, the Protector who can ensure her safety better than we ever could...

Lord, Thank you with all of my heart for allowing me to be Bella's mommy. I mess up on a daily basis but I am so grateful for the chance to keep doing it all over again the next day. Protect her from harm, from danger, from hurt and from herself in times of rebellion. Guide her in her relationships, friendships, academics, and in all that she will do. Prepare her for each new day and each new year and each new phase of life... Bring her a husband that loves you and honors you and will love her and honor her as well. May she fall more in love with you each and every day and do great things in your name. I ask all of these things in your precious name! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment