Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Funny Ava

Lately, Ava has been cracking us up and I wanted to document some of it so that I won't ever forget her funny three-year-old shenanigans.

The other day I heard her talking to her Daddy and she said something about how she wanted him to say 'OK' and I heard him say, "You wanted me to say okay?" Ava said, "I wanted you to say, okay Cinderella!" and Randy responds (as he is told), "Ohhh, okay Cinderella." Of course she walked away with a huge smile on her face.

That same weekend she told me she wanted some breakfast but it was almost dinner time. I said, "You want some breakfast!?" and she said, "Yes" and I went on to explain that it was time for dinner. She went to Randy and said, "I want breakfast for dinner." Randy said, "What? You want breakfast for dinner?" And she said, "Yeah, I'm humfry. I want breakfast for dinner. Mommy said it is dinner" and then he tried to explain and said, "It's dinner time. How about we have dinner for dinner?" and she said, "No silly! Breakfast." (I guess it could have made since if she knew anything about "Breakfast for dinner" kind-of-meals but she has no idea.)

She looked up at our bathroom wall one day and said, "What happened to our home?" (very concerned) Ha! Randy and I have about three test colors on the wall in a spot right above the toilet. The really funny thing is they have been there oh two-three months she just noticed them!

And lastly, she had a virus a couple of weeks ago and the first morning I said, not sure how she would react, "Ava, I think we are going to have to stay home today and not go to school because I think you have a fever." To my surprise she said OK and after a long pause, "I don't want a fever in my ear. Yesterday I have two in my ears." I tried to explain that she was thinking about the ear infection she had a few weeks ago and that fevers were not in her ears and that fevers were high temperatures. She asked me to check and see what color the fever was in her ear (this is the way I get her to let me look in her ears but I don't call them fevers- I call them little birdies, lol). Anyway, a few minutes later, still not convinced about what a fever was she said, "Grandma's house has a BIIIIIG fever!" And at that point, I just started to play along. It was more fun that way. She talked about the fever in her ear all day long. She seemed to be back and forth feeling better at certain points in the day but at night her fever would spike, she would get really grumpy and she must have known it because she whimpered around bed time, "My fevers back."




No comments:

Post a Comment