Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kinder- What?!

Bella started Kindergarten today! and the even bigger news? I didn't cry! I was worried all week and then the day came and she was so happy and so excited and jumped on the bus so fast, I didn't have time to! She was a champ. We set our alarms for 5:45 and got her up about ten til. The first thing she said was, "Is this the day I get to ride the bus with Lindsey?!" Lindsey is a first grader that lives two doors down. She moved in about halfway through the summer and Bella has been crazy about her ever since. Anyway, Lindsey has been going to school all week so she knew the "ropes." Bella was excited to ride the bus with her and she assures me she was excited about kindergarten too. Ha! Anyway, we put on the clothes she had picked out three days ago (she is like her mommy!) and sat down for breakfast. She only wanted half of what she usually eats and was ready almost twenty minutes early. She had her backpack on and was worried sick she would miss the bus. I kept reassuring her that we were very early! Despite our efforts, Ava woke up and joined in on the fun. Thankfully Porter did not. The cutest thing was the way she looked at Ava and said, "I'm going to Kindergarten today Ava!" Randy was able to see her off this morning but will typically leave before she does.

The best part was she came home just as happy. Porter, Ava and I were waiting outside for her when the bus came and she walked off like she was 17. I mean, she actually looked older when she came home today.



Ava also got to go to school today. We went for a "meet-the-teacher" this morning and she played like she had been there her whole life. We are blessed to have many of the same friends in her class from last year. Ava and I also snuck over to Chick-fil-A for lunch and had a quick visit with my sister and Sloan, but don't tell Bella! (in all fairness, we also picked up a little first day surprise for her to open later)

No comments:

Post a Comment