Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Summer's Last Hurrah

We took a somewhat last minute beach trip with Randy's parents this year to Myrtle Beach. It was great to squeeze a few more days at the beach in before the craziness of school and work started. After the zoo, the football game and Porter's dedication, we had Bella's new school orientation and scavenger hunt then we headed to the coast...

It has been so long since I have been to Myrtle Beach- lots of changes but also lots of memories. The kids loved it and we were able to take them to Broadway to ride rides one night plus the hotel had a lazy river and a kid-sized pool that they thoroughly enjoyed.

It was shark week and there are two funny things about that: One, my friend passed along a bathing suit her son grew out of and it was the perfect size for Porter. It had sharks on it and was so cute. Second, I saw a shark. (I guess it isn't funny). Here's the story... A girl came to tell her two younger sisters to get out of the water and just the way she did it seemed odd so I asked her what was going on. She told me that several large schools of fish had been swimming by and that apparently when that happens, a shark typically follows. I didn't want to scare the girls so I just told Randy to get out of the water and said that something "bigger" may be coming. Sure enough, a few minutes later we had almost forgotten about it and as we were playing around in the sand, a guy points it out and there it was. Everybody was already out of the water except two younger dudes playing football. People started waving them in frantically and they backed out slowly, kind of laughing it off. So nothing bad happened but that was the first time I have ever seen a shark outside of an aquarium! and I wasn't too excited about getting back in. I guess the good news is nature has its own way of giving warning!



We also ran into our friends! We didn't know until the day before we left, but they were down there, just a few blocks away, at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment