Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First Hair Cut!

Bella asks to go to the "Beauty Shop" on a daily basis. Whether we pretend and I do the work or we go get a real hair cut, she loves it all. It had been a few months since she got it trimmed so on a whim one day I decided to make her wish come true and we headed to the Beauty Shop. I also decided with Ava's wacky "layers" and lack of curl these days, I may get her a trim if all went well.

When we arrived, both girls were chomping at the bit to get in the chairs so I went ahead and signed them both up. I let Bella go first so that Ava would know what to expect and maybe lessen her anxiety. There was no need though because she was READY! She waited in her chair patiently and they hadn't even called her name.

Bella wanted her hair cut short like in a picture she saw of herself (as an 18 month old!!!). Yikes. By the time we got there she was describing it like a male friend at school. Um, where did my princess go? I met her in the middle and told the lady to stack it and bring it around to angle towards her chin. It ended up a little shorter than I would have liked but Bella was happy.

Ava tapped her toes the whole time and "drove" the taxi she was sitting in, just soaking it all up. When I would smile or gigggle she would put her tongue in her cheek, like "Yeah, I know Mom. I'm sassy." Anyway, I got a similar cut for her and they were ADORABLE! Unfortunately she has not let me do too much blow drying in our day to day life so it isn't always laying right but it is still cute. As part of the first hair cut package, they took a wonderful picture! The ones I have are good too but don't show the finished product so I took their picture the next day after baths and my attempt to dry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment