Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bella meets Ava





Bella was the first to meet Ava. When she walked into the room, she acted like she understood just what had happened. She came over, looked at her and said she didn't like her blanket (she had brought one from home to give her instead). I had to ask her to give me a hug and kiss because she was so distracted. She climbed on my bed and looked over the edge of Ava's little crib. She was pretty excited. We let her sit in a recliner and hold her. It was a precious sight. She asked us if we get to take her home and of course we told her we would but we had a to stay at the hospital a couple of days. After a few minutes of meeting and greeting she went to the waiting room to invite the rest of the family in. She came marching in and yelled, "Everybody! This is Ava!" She was still interested in going to her dance class that morning and a birthday party that afternoon so we let her indulge.

The next day Bella got to visit while her cousins were visiting so she had a blast. They brought gifts and all played together. Each one had a turn holding Ava. I think Bella liked showing her off. After they left, my mom, Grandma and Randy's parents got to witness her precious comments to and about her baby sister. She was holding her and kissing her and my mom said, "You love Ava, don't you?" and she said, "Yeah, I wuv my sister." It melted us all. Randy grabbed the flip camera after that and recorded the rest. (working on posting)



When we got home Monday, Bella arrived a few minutes later and asked where Ava was. She was in her carseat on the floor only inches away but Bella looked in my tummy, in the pack-n-play, and all around. We finally had to tell her she was right there! She kind of jumped back. It was pretty funny. Almost immediately Bella shared a doll with Ava and then started changing and taking care of all of her babies. Bella had come in with all kinds of treats her Nana and Grandma bought her and beautiful flowers & roses for me!





One of the things I love is how she asks to hold Ava and how she always says, "Her is so wittle." She always wants to know where Ava is.

Other than a minor meltdown Monday night after we got home, Bella is adjusting wonderfully! Randy printed a picture for her to take to school with her yesterday and so she showed everyone and wanted to hang the picture on her classroom door. The meltdown she had was when Randy had to leave to go to the pharmacy for me. She was torn and couldn't decide what to do- stay here with me or go with him to the store. She didn't cry long but you could tell she was due for some mommy/daddy time in her own home. That night she ate a whole peanut butter & jelly sandwich and a plate of spaghetti. She acted like she was starving to death. I think she was finally feeling settled. She passed out that night and has slept soundly each night since. Last night she even wet the bed but never woke up- not even as Randy changed her.

We are taking little Miss Ava to her first check-up this afternoon and then hopefully will spend the afternoon and evening with Bella and GaYa.

What is the hardest thing so far? lack of sleep? midnight feedings? No. That is all going well. The hardest part is not being able to walk, move around, clean my house and pick up my little girl. I am not supposed to drive for two weeks or pick up Bella for six weeks. I am trying to take it easy but if I am not being productive, I notice crumbs or clutter... little messes everywhere rear their ugly heads to tempt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment