Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"cafts, cafts and more cafts"

My grandmother handed her passion for crafts down to my mother who passed it to me and even more recently my sister. Apparently, Bella has the bug as well! Each year as Christmas approaches, we work on various projects and sometimes we sell our things at craft shows. Bella has developed a love for painting first, and now using her scissors on a daily basis. She calls them her "whoopers." This year Bella is finally able to participate in the Christmas crafts so once or twice a week we will craft together at the dining room table. Anyway, today she didn't ever go to sleep during her nap time- something that happens a couple of times a week these days- but it did get really quiet for a while. Randy and I assumed she fell asleep on the floor because it was so quiet and we couldn't see her in her bed on the video monitor. Almost an hour after the silence, she called for her daddy and so he went up to get her. He called me to come up there just a minute later. I didn't know what to expect. She was surrounded by my scrap-booking paper, glue, glitter and stickers and she said with much excitement, " I do a caft daddy!" She had gotten the supplies from her closet in a container I keep such things in and created many "cafts." We will have a new lock on that closet door tonight! In the meantime, we are enjoying a laugh and her sweet little artsy spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment