Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

here lately...

I have some pictures and posts that I am behind on but here are a couple things going on around here.

I had to put Ava in time out today for the first time. It was the longest two minutes of my life. She is typically a good listener and I just have to ask her once if she wants to go to time out and she straightens up but today she tested me. The strangest part is that I have no idea how she learned about time out and how she knew she had to stay there. I was prepared to have to work at it.

We also recently discovered that Ava can't say truck and I will leave it at that. You can imagine what is comes out as. Yikes.

Bella has been full of herself, as usual. She talks about listening to your heart and Jesus giving her some of His power and it just amazes me. The other day we had this conversation:

Bella: When people say things, you need to listen to your heart. ..after they talk, you listen and see what your heart says.
Me: That’s right, Bella. You need to do the right thing and sometimes people don’t tell us the right things. You are wise. Is that why you didn’t run off with your friend after school today? Because your heart said not to?
Bella: No, my heart said to but I knew I would get in trouble. It kept saying, “yes. no. yes. no.”
Bella: (A few minutes later, getting out of the van) Mommy, my heart is saying to go to my fairy garden.
Me: Okay, that is fine.

She keeps me on my toes with her questions and comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment