Livin on a crock pot and prayers.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ava's First Birthday Party

Now weeks behind us, I finally have a few minutes to post about this milestone. It was bittersweet- most things with the kids are I am finding- but it was a wonderful celebration. Because I had a break from school during the time I was planning her party, I was able to go all out with it and hand make a majority. I used Pinterest of course to give me ideas and then started working in late December on some of the details. We had a small family party and a couple neighbors/friends for several reasons: one, I did not want to overwhelm her with people and crazy, two, it was much more manageable financially to do so and three, even though I love to party plan, I am not super confident in my abilities so I like to practice with small scale deals like this one.

We had pink, black and white for the colors, lots of Minnie Mouse and some zebra details. There were Mickey shaped sandwiches, cookies, and favors plus other pink food and drinks, "hot diggity dogs" and "bow-tique" pasta, inspired by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Ava had fun and did what Bella did with her smash cake: she took it easy. Even when I did smash her hands in it, she looked at me like, "Why? I hope you are happy. Now, get it off."

She got a lot of nice gifts and had her fair share of treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment